(a) These terms and conditions (“Conditions”) form the basis of the contract between
You and Fun Over Fifty Pty Ltd (“Fun Over Fifty”, “We”, “Us” or “Our”) (“Contract”).
It is important that You read the Contract carefully to ensure that You understand
Your rights and obligations. By agreeing to participate in a tour arranged by us, you
are deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions in full
(b) All Fun Over Fifty tours are designed in terms of style and content for persons aged
50 years and over.
Fares and Booking Confirmation
2. A non-refundable/non-transferable deposit is required for each booking as set
out in the brochure. Prices are quoted in Australian Dollars, include GST and compulsory
taxes where applicable and supersede all prices previously advertised. Please check the
exact price of your tour at the time of paying balance. Airfares are based on the most
direct route and are subject to class availability and any new Government taxes. Rail prices
are subject to change from time to time. All prices are valid subject to Government, hotel,
fuel surcharges and currency fluctuations
(a) Payment for all domestic tours (ie tours that are entirely within Australia) must
be made no later than 45 days prior to departure. All Tour Prices are quoted in
(b) Payment for international tours (ie those where all or part of the tour takes place in
a country other than Australia) must be paid within the time advised by us. If You
pay Us by credit card, a 1.8% surcharge will be added. There is no surcharge for
payments made by cheque or direct transfer to our nominated bank account.
(c) DEPOSITS, AIRFARES AND RAIL FARES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE/TRANSFERABLE. We
recommend that you take out appropriate travel insurance to cover such cancellation
fees at the same time you pay your deposit. Sole Use rooms attract a single
supplement fare and we do not offer ‘willing to share’ services.
(d) CRUISE/RAIL FARES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE/NON-TRANSFERABLE. If booking
is made as a twin-share and one of the party cancels, then the party who is still
travelling will have to pay the single supplement.
4. In addition to the above, Fun Over 50 charges the following cancellation fees:
(a) Cancellation 89-46 days before departure – 25% of fare.
(b) Cancellation 45-15 days before departure – 50% of fare.
(c) Cancellation 14 or less before departure – 100% of fare.
(d) International tours cancellation fees are displayed separately on the tour pages
displayed in the brochure
5. Twin share prices are per person unless otherwise stated.
Limitation of Liability
6. Our products include the services of operators, such as hoteliers, airlines, coach companies
and other operators who are not agents, servants or employees or Fun Over 50. Although
we take care in selecting the operators of services and optional tour excursions, we
cannot and do not take responsibility for the conduct of the operators, their servants and
agents, or for any ramifications of that conduct. Some 3rd party suppliers may require
passenger contact details in order to fulfil dietary/medical requirements. Fun Over 50 is
obligated to offer this information unless advised by the `passenger/s’ not to do so.
7. Fun Over 50 representatives/crew or any carrier reserves the right at its discretion to
exclude from a tour, or to terminate the travel arrangements of any person during the
course of the tour without refund, of anyone who:
• is incapable of caring for themselves without a minder/carer
• is unable to cope with the requirements of the tour or who may need or require
services or facilities that are not available
• fails to comply with the reasonable instructions of Fun Over 50 crew
• engages in illegal or undesirable behaviour or interferes with the enjoyment of or
jeopardises the safety of other participants
• A hazard to themselves or other passengers
• Likely to become objectionable to other passengers, Fun Over Fifty staff and/or 3rd
Anyone so excluded will be required to disembark at a safe public location, transport from
which will be wholly their responsibility.
You agree that Fun Over Fifty is released from all liability for, and you agree not to hold
Fun Over Fifty responsible for, termination of your travel arrangements in accordance with
the previous condition, or any decision made by Fun Over Fifty or by any service provider
who refuses to provide you with special accommodation facilities or services that are not
available or who refuses to carry you by reason of any disability or medical condition.
8. Fun Over 50 accepts no responsibility for any death, injury, illness, loss (including loss
of enjoyment), damage, detention, delay (including mechanical breakdown) beyond its
9. Any term, condition or warranty express or implied by Statute or otherwise, for the
products and/or services is excluded to the full extent omitted by law. However, nothing
in this booking contract excludes, restricts or modifies the application of the Competition
and Consumer Act 2010 (Commonwealth) as amended, consolidated, supplemented or
10. To the full extent permitted by law, Fun Over 50’s liability arising under or in connection
with this booking contract:-
(a) Is limited to the re-supply of the products and/or services or the payment of the cost
of the re-supply of the products and/or services to you; and
(b) Excludes liability for any indirect or any consequential losses suffered by you or any
third party, howsoever caused, including but not limited to pure economic loss or
any special, extraordinary, or punitive damage to you or any other party.
11. Your travel agent will forward deposits and other payments to us on your behalf, but your
travel agent is not our agent for the purpose of receipt of monies. Receipt of deposits
and subsequent payments by the travel agent does not constitute receipt of those monies
by us, and the travel agent has no authority, express or implied, to receive monies on our
behalf. There is no liability on our part in respect of any monies paid to your travel agent
unless and until we notify you (by way of a booking confirmation advice or payment
receipt advice) that monies have been received by us. We reserve the right to cancel any
ticket or booking or refuse to carry any passenger where payment has not been received
by us within the specified time.
Termination of Booking Contract or Change of Travel Arrangements Due to Force Majeure
12. If Fun Over 50, in it’s reasonable opinion, considers that any Force Majeure event
prevents us (whether directly or through its employees, contractors, sub-contractors and
agents) from lawfully and/or safely providing any products and/or services, the subject of
the booking contract to you, we may immediately by written notice:-
(a) Terminate the booking contract (in whole or in part); and/or
(b) Change your travel arrangements as reasonably practicable to ensure your safety and
invoice you for any additional costs of performing this service as mentioned above.
Limitation of Liability in the Event of Force Majeure
13. In the event that we cancel or change your travel arrangements in any way due to a Force
Majeure event, we will not be liable to you in contract, tort, statute or restitution of any
loss (including but not limited to loss of deposit or purchase price and loss of enjoyment),
damage, costs, charges, expenses or injury resulting from or in connection with (whether
directly or indirectly):-
(a) The cancellation or change of travel arrangements; and/or
(b) The Force Majeure event.
For the avoidance of doubt, we are not liable to refund any part of the deposit
and/or purchase price paid by you if we subsequently change or cancel your travel
arrangements in connection with a Force Majeure event. World weather patterns, civil
unrest and terrorism are becoming more erratic and unpredictable and these are risks
beyond our control. It is your responsibility to purchase adequate comprehensive travel
insurance to protect yourself against these risks.
14. Fun Over 50 arranges tours on the condition that it is not liable for any damage, injury or
loss which may occur due to accident, delay, irregularity or defect of any vehicle, vessel or
• Airfares as part of your package holiday inclusions are provided in economy class and
Fun Over 50 cannot be responsible for seating allocation.
• Fun Over 50 ‘Gold Class’ coach. Where this coach is specified as the vehicle for your
chosen tour, please be advised that if the vehicle was not available due to unforeseen
circumstances, Fun Over 50 has the right to replace the vehicle with their chosen
supplier, and the same on-board facilities may not be available.
15. The tour itinerary is a guide only, and although we will make every reasonable effort
to adhere to the program, we reserve the right to make any alterations as necessary.
Alterations may come about due to tidal or weather conditions, strikes, public holidays,
local festivals, renovations and/or upgrades or other reasons. Any additional expense
incurred by the passenger is not our responsibility. We can give no guarantee of the
exact arrival and departure times for carriers and operators used by us on the tour, and
will not be liable for failure to make connections with other services or attractions beyond
16. The operation of each tour is subject to a minimum number of guests wishing to travel
on that tour.
17. Luggage restrictions vary depending on tour type and destination. As a general guideline
luggage should not exceed 20 kilograms per person, your final guest itinerary and
transport tickets will display these limits.
18. Fun Over 50’s hostesses/escorts are on tour for companionship, guidance and assistance
to coach captains. They are not responsible for any commentary or microphone work, as
this is the role of the coach captain, who is a local in the area being visited. All our tours
are escorted subject to a minimum loading of 20 passengers. If the tour takes places with
fewer than 20 passengers, the coach captain will take on both roles.
19. All accommodation is twin share unless stated otherwise. Single rooms may be available
for an additional fee; however, Fun Over 50 gives no guarantee that sufficient (or any)
single rooms will be available on any given tour.
20. The information presented in this brochure was to the best of our knowledge correct at
the time of publication. However, changes beyond our control may have occurred since
then with respect to prices, itineraries, duration of holidays, standard of services and
tour content. Surcharges may apply. Every effort is made to ensure brochure accuracy at
the time of going to print, and Fun Over Fifty cannot be held responsible for printing or
typographical errors, or errors arising from unforeseen circumstances.
You agree that our Fun Over Fifty Representatives or Third Party Suppliers may take
photographs and films of you while you are on holiday and that these may be used in our
Group brochures and/or advertising or publicity material or online without obtaining any
further consent or payment in respect of such photographs and/or films.
21. Please advise Fun Over Fifty of any special dietary requirements at least 14 days before
departure. Note that this will be on a request basis only, as Fun Over Fifty cannot
guarantee the availability of special meal types.
22. Complimentary Wi-Fi service is available in many hotel guestrooms and/or the public
areas of most hotels. Complimentary Wi-Fi is also provided on-board on a selection
of the signature Fun Over Fifty ‘Gold Class’ touring coaches. Wi-Fi on coaches uses
a mobile/cellular network and as a result the connection will be slower than regular
broadband and at times may not be available. In some areas Wi-Fi service will not be
available. Please note that Wi-Fi may not be available on transfer coaches and other local
Health & Fitness/Activity Level
23. This is a guideline of what to expect on our tours, travellers must be able to meet the
following minimum activity level requirements:-
(a) This tour is set as EASY. It comprises of:
• Leisurely walking with time to rest at least every 5 minutes
• Walking on mostly level ground
• An occasional flight of stairs or incline
• Occasional need to stand
• Getting on and off transportation multiple times
• Managing your own luggage
(b) This tour is strictly MODERATE LEVEL OF FITNESS.
Passengers must be able to:
• Walk 10 minutes without having to stop or sit down and rest
• Walk up an incline equal to a flight of stairs, without stopping
• Stand for 30 minutes, without needing to sit down
• Walk over uneven ground with no paving
• Get in and out of transportation unassisted
• Manage your own luggage
24. On International tours, you should carry a letter from your doctor or a copy of your
prescription to confirm to the local authorities that you are entitled to be in possession of
25. We do not, nor are we required to, provide carers or assistants for those with reduced
mobility or other health needs. It is your responsibility to arrange for such a carer if so
required. Any such carer will pay the full price of any tour.
26. In particular, hostesses, tour guides, coach captains, and your fellow passengers will not
act as assistants or carers in these circumstances.
27. Government regulations forbid smoking in tourist vehicles; however, frequent stops will
be made for those wishing to smoke. Smoking is not permitted in “willing to share”
rooms. If you specifically require smoking accommodation, we shall request that the
hotel provide this, but cannot guarantee that it will do so. Many hotels have a “no
smoking” policy. In addition, smoking is prohibited in various places that the tour
may visit, including restaurants, licensed premises (other than in designated areas) and
28. To ensure the enjoyment of all passengers, and to enable you to get to know your
fellow travellers, we operate a daily seat rotation system in which all passengers must
29. If a problem occurs during your tour, please advise your hostess or coach captain as soon
as possible, so that steps can be taken to resolve the matter. If for any reason you remain
dissatisfied, any complaint must be made in writing to us within thirty (30) days of the
last day of the tour.
30. As well as the matters previously referred to in these Terms and Conditions, Fun Over
50 is not liable for lost or damaged baggage and personal property. We strongly
recommend that you take out fully comprehensive travel insurance with a reputable
insurer. We can assist you with this if necessary.
31. For International tours, it is your responsibility to ensure that you have a valid passport.
Please note that some countries require a passport to have a minimum of six months’
validity before allowing entry to the country.
32. We shall advise you if visas are required for any particular destination. However, it is your
responsibility to ensure that, if necessary, any visa is granted prior to departure of the
33. 01 October 2015 – 31 December 2016
© 2017 by Fun Over 50. All rights reserved.
This website and its content is the copyright of Fun Over 50.
Any redistribution or reproduction of any part of or all of the contents of this website in any way, shape or form is prohibited other than the following:
You may print or download to a local hard disk extracts for your personal non-commercial use only.
You may copy the content to individual third parties for their personal use only, but only if you acknowledge and accept the website as the source of the material.
You may not, without our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content, nor may you transmit it or store it in any other way, shape, form, other website or other form of electronic retrieval system.
Any unauthorised use, misuse or abuse of this information and copyright statement may leave you liable to prosecution, charges, fines and/or imprisonment.