1. (a) These terms and conditions (“Conditions”) form the basis of the contract between
You and Fun Over Fifty Pty Ltd (“Fun Over Fifty”, “We”, “Us” or “Our”) (“Contract”).
It is important that You read the Contract carefully to ensure that You understand Your
rights and obligations. By agreeing to participate in a tour arranged by Us, You are
deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions in full.
(b) All Fun Over Fifty tours are designed in terms of style and content for persons aged
50 years and over.
(c) Completion of the booking form, together with the passenger’s signature, verifies
acceptance of these terms and conditions.
Fares and Booking Confirmation
2. A non-refundable/non-transferable deposit is required for each booking as set out in the
brochure. All tour prices are quoted in Australian Dollars, include GST and compulsory
taxes where applicable and supersede all prices previously advertised. Prices are correct
as at 1 April 2020 and are subject to change without notice. Please check the exact price of
Your tour at the time of paying balance. Airfares are based on the most direct route and are
subject to class availability and any new Government taxes. Airline schedules are subject to
change which may affect the joining/departing arrangements and consequently that day’s
itinerary. Any additional costs incurred, including overnight accommodation and transfers
are at passenger’s expense. Rail prices are subject to change from time to time. All prices are
valid subject to Government, hotel, fuel surcharges and currency fluctuations.
3. (a) Payment for all domestic tours (ie tours that are entirely within Australia) must be paid
no later than 90 day prior to departure
(b) Payment for international tours (ie those where all or part of the tour takes place in a
country other than Australia) must be paid within the time advised by Us.
(c) If You pay Us by credit card, a 1% surcharge will be added. There is no surcharge for
payments made by cheque or direct transfer to Our nominated bank account.
(d) DEPOSITS, AIRFARES, CRUISE AND RAIL FARES AND EXTENDER OPTIONS ARE
NON-REFUNDABLE/NON-TRANSFERABLE. We recommend that You take out
appropriate travel insurance to cover such cancellation fees at the same time You pay
(e) Full payment of the Extender Option (if applicable) is required at the time of paying
the deposit. The deposit and Extender Option are non-refundable.
(f) Sole Use rooms attract a single supplement fare and We do not offer ‘willing to share’
(g) If booking is made as a twin share and one passenger cancels, then the party
who is still travelling will have to pay the single supplement.
4. In addition to the above, Fun Over Fifty charges the following cancellation fees:
(a) Cancellation 90 days or less before departure – 100% of fare
(b) International tour cancellation fees are displayed separately on the tour pages
displayed in the brochure.
5. Twin share prices are per person unless otherwise stated.
6. Fun Over Fifty may vary Your tour price at any time before You have paid the tour price in
full to the extent necessary to meet any increase in the tour costs for reason outside of Fun
Over Fifty’s control, including airfares, fuel, government taxes and charges, exchange rate
fluctuations or other tour related costs or tariffs. We will not vary the tour price after We
have received the total tour price from You, regardless of any increases in the costs incurred
by Us. Fun Over Fifty will notify You in writing of any such variation.
Limitation of Liability
7. Our products include the services of operators, such as hoteliers, airlines, coach companies
and other operators who are not agents, servants or employees of Fun Over Fifty. Although
We take care in selecting the operators of services and optional tour excursions, We cannot
and do not take responsibility for the conduct of the operators, their servants and agents,
or for any ramifications of that conduct. Some third-party suppliers may require passenger
contact details in order to fulfil dietary/medical requirements. Fun Over Fifty is obligated to
offer this information unless advised by the ‘passenger/s’ not to do so.
8. Fun Over Fifty has a Passenger Code of Conduct. Fun Over Fifty representatives/crew or any
carrier reserves the right at its discretion to exclude from a tour, or to terminate the travel
arrangements of, any person during the course of the tour without refund, or anyone who:
• is incapable of caring for themselves without a minder/carer;
• is unable to cope with the requirements of the tour or who may need or require services
or facilities that are not available;
• fails to comply with the reasonable instructions of Fun Over Fifty crew;
• engages in illegal or undesirable behaviour or interferes with the enjoyment of or
jeopardises the safety of other participants;
• is a hazard to themselves or other passengers; and/or
• is likely to become objectionable to other passengers, Fun Over Fifty staff
and/or third-party suppliers.
Anyone so excluded will be required to disembark at a safe public location, transport
from which will be wholly their responsibility. You agree that Fun Over Fifty is released
from all liability for, and You agree not to hold Fun Over Fifty responsible for, termination
of Your travel arrangements in accordance with the previous condition, or any decision
made by Fun Over Fifty or by any service provider who refuses to provide You with special
accommodation facilities or services that are not available or who refuses to carry You by
reason of any disability or medical condition.
9. Fun Over Fifty accepts no responsibility for any death, injury, illness, loss (including loss
of enjoyment), damage, detention, delay (including mechanical breakdown) beyond its
reasonable control. This includes participation in Environmental activities and/or events.
10. Any term, condition or warranty express or implied by Statute or otherwise, for the products
and/or services is excluded to the full extent omitted by law. However, nothing in this booking
contract excludes, restricts or modifies the application of the Competition and Consumer Act
2010 (Commonwealth) as amended, consolidated, supplemented or replaced.
11. To the full extent permitted by law, Fun Over Fifty’s liability arising under or in connection
with this booking contract:-
(a) Is limited to the re-supply of the products and/or services or the payment of the cost
of the re-supply of the products and/or services to You; and
(b) Excludes liability for any indirect or any consequential losses suffered by You or any
third party, howsoever caused, including but not limited to pure economic loss or any
special, extraordinary or punitive damage to You or any other party.
12. Your travel agent will forward deposits and other payments to Us on Your behalf, but Your
travel agent is not Our agent for the purpose of receipt of monies. Receipt of deposits and
subsequent payments by the travel agent does not constitute receipt of those monies by
Us, and the travel agent has no authority, express or implied, to receive monies on Our
behalf. There is no liability on Our part in respect of any monies paid to Your travel agent
unless and until We notify You (by way of a booking confirmation advice or payment receipt
advice) that monies have been received by Us. We reserve the right to cancel any ticket
or booking or refuse to carry any passenger where payment has not been received by Us
within the specified time.
Termination of Booking Contract or Change of Travel Arrangements Due to Force Majeure
13. If Fun Over Fifty, in its reasonable opinion, considers that any Force Majeure event prevents
Us (whether directly or through its employees, contractors, sub-contractors and agents)
from lawfully and/or safely providing any products and/or services, the subject of the
booking contract to You, We may immediately by written notice:-
(a) Terminate the booking contract (in whole or in part); and/or
(b) Change Your travel arrangements as reasonably practicable to ensure Your safety and
invoice You for any additional costs of performing this service as mentioned above.
Limitation of Liability in the Event of Force Majeure
14. In the event that We cancel or change Your travel arrangements in any way due to a Force
Majeure event, We will not be liable to You in contract, tort, statute or restitution of any
loss (including but not limited to loss of deposit or purchase price and loss of enjoyment),
damage, costs, charges, expenses or injury resulting from or in connection with (whether
directly or indirectly):-
(a) The cancellation or change of travel arrangements; and/or
(b) The Force Majeure event.
For the avoidance of doubt, We are not liable to refund any part of the deposit and/or
purchase price paid by You if We subsequently change or cancel Your travel arrangements
in connection with a Force Majeure event. World weather patterns, civil unrest and terrorism
are becoming more erratic and unpredictable and these are risks beyond Our control. It
is Your responsibility to purchase adequate comprehensive travel insurance to protect
Yourself against these risks.
15. Fun Over Fifty arranges tours on the condition that it is not liable for any damage, injury or
loss which may occur due to accident, delay, irregularity or defect of any vehicle, vessel or
• Airfares as part of Your package holiday inclusions are provided in economy class and
Fun Over Fifty cannot be responsible for seating allocation.
• Where a Fun Over Fifty ‘Gold Class’ or ‘Diamond Class’ coach is specified as the vehicle
for Your chosen tour, please be advised that if the vehicle was not available due to
unforeseen circumstances, Fun Over Fifty has the right to replace the vehicle with their
chosen supplier, and the same on-board facilities may not be available.
16. The tour itinerary is a guide only, and although We will make every reasonable effort
to adhere to the program, We reserve the right to make any alterations as necessary.
Alterations may come about due to tidal or weather conditions, strikes, public holidays, local
festivals, renovations and/or upgrades or other reasons. Any additional expense incurred by
the passenger is not Our responsibility. We can give no guarantee of the exact arrival and
departure times for carriers and operators used by Us on the tour, and will not be liable for
failure to make connections with other services or attractions beyond its control.
17. The operation of each tour is subject to a minimum number of guests wishing to travel on
18. Luggage restrictions vary depending on tour type and destination. As a general guideline,
luggage should not exceed 17 kilograms per person. Your final guest itinerary and transport
tickets will display these limits.
19. Fun Over Fifty’s hostesses/escorts are on tour for companionship, guidance and assistance
to coach captains. All Our tours are escorted subject to a minimum loading of 20
passengers. If the tour runs with fewer than 20 passengers, the coach captain will take on
both roles of tour host and driver.
20. All accommodation is twin share unless stated otherwise. Single rooms may be available
for an additional fee; however, Fun Over Fifty gives no guarantee that sufficient (or any)
single rooms will be available on any given tour.
21. The information presented in this brochure was to the best of Our knowledge correct at
the time of publication. However, changes beyond Our control may have occurred since
then with respect to prices, itineraries, duration of holidays, standard of services and
tour content. Surcharges may apply. Every effort is made to ensure brochure accuracy at
the time of going to print, and Fun Over Fifty cannot be held responsible for printing or
typographical errors, or errors arising from unforeseen circumstances.
22. Please advise Fun Over Fifty of any special dietary requirements at least 14 days before
departure. Note that this will be on a request basis only, as Fun Over Fifty cannot
guarantee the availability of special meal types.
First Aid and Defibrillator
23. Should an accident or incident occur, Fun Over Fifty crew may administer first aid.
A defibrillator, is at times, carried onboard Fun Over Fifty owned coaches and may be used
in the event of a major medical emergency to which clothing may need to be removed.
Health and Fitness/Activity Level
24. This is a guideline of what to expect on Our tours, travellers must be able to meet the
following minimum activity level requirements:-
(a) A RATING OF 1 (EASY) Passengers must be able to:
• Participate in guided or unguided small walking tours at a relaxed pace
• Walking on mostly level ground
• Tackle an occasional flight of stairs or incline
• Occasional need to stand for up to 10 minutes
• Get on and off transportation unaided
• Manage Your own luggage
(b) A RATING OF 2 (MODERATE) Passengers must be able to:
• Participate in walking tours with time to rest at least every 10 minutes
• Walk on areas such as bush tracks and soft sand – mostly level ground
• Stand for 15 minutes, without needing to sit down
• Tackle a flight of stairs or incline
• Get on and off transportation multiple times unaided
• Manage Your own luggage
(c) A RATING OF 3 (ACTIVE/MODERATE) Passengers must be able to:
• Participate in walking tours without having to stop or sit down to rest for up
to 20 minutes
• Walk up an incline equal to a flight of stairs, without stopping
• Stand for 30 minutes, without needing to sit down
• Walk over uneven ground, tackle cobbled creek crossings & walk through soft sand
• Get on and off transportation multiple times unaided
• Manage Your own luggage
(d) A RATING OF 4 (HIGHLY ACTIVE) Passengers must be able to:
• Be extremely mobile and live an
• Negotiate inclines, declines and varied terrain confidently
• Participate in a physical activity lasting up to 5 hours (Trek/walks)
• Manage Your own luggage and be able to carry with You a backpack with items
required for the physical activities
25. On International tours, You should carry a letter from Your doctor or a copy of Your
prescription to confirm to the local authorities that You are entitled to be in possession
of Your medication.
26. On all International tours, passengers will require a clearance letter (provided by Fun Over
Fifty) from their local GP for travel. If fitness circumstances change after providing the
letter it is the responsibility of the passenger to provide an updated medical clearance from
their GP. You accept that You travel at Your own risk if this is not provided (refer section 7).
27. We do not, nor are We required to, provide carers or assistants for those with reduced
mobility or other health needs. It is Your responsibility to arrange for such a carer if so
required. Any such carer will pay the full price of any tour.
28. In particular, hostesses, tour guides, coach captains, and Your fellow passengers will not
act as assistants or carers in these circumstances.
29. To ensure the enjoyment of all passengers, and to enable You to get to know Your fellow
travellers, We operate a daily seat rotation system in which all passengers must participate.
30. If a problem occurs during Your tour, please advise Your hostess or coach captain as soon
as possible, so that steps can be taken to resolve the matter. If for any reason You remain
dissatisfied, any complaint must be made in writing to Us within thirty (30) days of the last
day of the tour.
31. As well as the matters previously referred to in these Terms and Conditions, Fun Over Fifty
is not liable for lost or damaged baggage and personal property. We strongly recommend
that You take out fully comprehensive travel insurance with a reputable insurer at the same
time as paying Your deposit.
32. For International tours, it is Your responsibility to ensure that You have a valid passport.
Please note that some countries require a passport to have a minimum of six months’
validity before allowing entry to the country.
33. We shall advise You if visas are required for any particular destination. However, it is Your
responsibility to ensure that, if necessary, any visa is granted prior to departure of the tour.
34. It is important to keep up to date personal contact information whilst on tour.
This information will be accessed by Fun Over Fifty staff in the event of an emergency
or to gain more understanding of fitness levels, medical or support information.
35. At Fun Over Fifty We recognise the importance of Your privacy and will only use Your
Privacy Act 1988. Full details of how We use and disclose Your personal information for
the purposes for which it was collected can be obtained by visiting Our website at
www.funoverfifty.com.au, or by emailing [email protected]
36. You agree that Our Fun Over Fifty representatives or third-party suppliers may take
photographs and films of You while You are on tour and that these may be used in Our
brochures, advertising and promotional material and/or online without obtaining any
further consent or payment in respect of such photographs and/or films. Close-up photos
will not be used without Your specific permission. You consent to Us using comments
listed in surveys for Fun Over Fifty advertising and promotional purposes.
37. From 1 April 2020
Fun Over Fifty has Respecting Our Culture (ROC) certification and are committed to operating in ways that respect and reinforce Indigenous cultural heritage and the living cultures of Indigenous communities. We are committed to protecting cultural authenticity and integrity, developing sound business practices, environmental protection and acknowledging Indigenous peoples spiritual connection to the land and water.
Fun Over Fifty holds Climate Action certification and is recognised as a Climate Action Leader. We have incorporated strategic climate change responses across all relevant levels of our planning and operations. We measure and audit our carbon footprint via a creditable system, and have undertaken an advanced level of adaptation, emissions reduction and offsetting. Fun Over Fifty is working towards becoming carbon neutral.
Fun Over Fifty’s Ecotourism certification assures our guests that our products are backed by a strong, well-managed commitment to sustainable practices. Our nature-based tourism experiences focus on leaving minimal impact on the environment and offering interesting ways to learn about the environment whilst using resources wisely, contributing to conserving the environment and helping local communities.
As an Advanced Ecotourism accredited tour operator, Fun Over Fifty’s innovative ecotourism products operate with minimal impact on the environment. We provide opportunities to learn about the environment and are committed to achieving best practice, whilst using resources wisely, contributing to conserving the environment and helping local communities.
Fun Over Fifty has ATAS accreditation and has met strict criteria in order to become nationally accredited. This accreditation means we are the best in the industry; credible, well trained and a professional business. We are required to conduct business in compliance with Australian Consumer Law and in accordance with ATAS Charter and Code of Conduct.